Provision of P.E.
Our P.E. school vision for Broadway First School is: Inspire, Challenge and Achieve.
Broadway First School aspires to create a safe environment where children are able to achieve their full potential in all aspects of their learning and development. We will achieve this by creating a learning environment which is stimulating and challenging, inclusive and enjoyable.
To achieve our school vision at Broadway:
- Key Stage 2 children participate in 2 hours of P.E. lessons and in KS1 we encourage children to participate in 1 1⁄2 hours of physical activity each week.
- Sport is delivered both by teachers in the school and outside coaches. This includes tag rugby, football and hockey.
- Teachers receive targetted support and training from coaches through team teaching a curriculum area of their choice as part of our provision.
- The children participate in a broad, rich and engaging curriculum including dance, gymnastics, games and swimming. This provides children with the opportunity to experience and develop their fundamental skills involved in physical education.
- The school looks for extra-curricular activities to enable children to challenge themselves through a variety of sports. This includes cross country competitions, bell boating regattas and residential visits that focus on outdoor pursuits.
If you would like to find out any more information about the development of P.E. at Broadway First School or about our P.E. funding then please see the documents below:
A two year P.E. and Sport Development Plan has been developed in order to achieve outstanding National Curriculum outcomes in relation to participation, standard of achievement and health. It sits within an overall whole-school improvement process.
This plan applies to both physical education and sport in core curriculum lessons (National Curriculum entitlement for all), as well as within extra-curriculum provision (voluntary basis).
Staff have worked on linking PE foci to specific opportunities, for example Bellboating Regattas, Rugby and Netball tournaments. These are detailed in our plan for the year: