It is has been a spotty and fun day today. The children (and staff) have had a fantastic time working in House Teams on four different learning activities inspired by the Pudsey theme. By working in teams the older children got to work with the younger ones to form new friendships and share expertise as they designed a new Pudsey (Art), perfected new songs (Music), played benchball and parachute games (PE), made a Pudsey and designed a new outfit (DT). In all sessions there was a lot of emphasis on working together and having fun! We will put photos on the website as soon as we can.
Our Year Four and Five children had a fantastic time at the cross-country event at Bredon School on Wednesday morning. Congratulations to Boden-James who came first and to Luke J. for coming third in the Year Four boys’ race!
Next week we have Pizza Week where the older children will be designing and making pizzas with Prego. There will then be a Dragon’s Den on Friday and the winning pizza will go on their menu. For homework the children have been asked to design an activity sheet for the back of the children’s menu so we look forward to seeing the winning entries of those too.
School Photos Order Deadline
School photo proofs were sent out last week. Please let the office know if you did not receive yours. As well as the photos shown on the proof cards, additional images and products are available to view online at TimeLock Photography. Simply click on “Schools” and enter your unique code (as shown on the photo proof card). You can pay by card online and opt to have your photographs delivered to school to avoid postage. You can also print a Manual Order Form and return to school for additional products/images again to avoid postage. Please return your proof cards as your order cannot be processed without them. Please ensure your orders are returned to the office by Monday 17th November at the latest as they are being collected that afternoon.
We would really appreciate any parents or grandparents who would be prepared to come into school and help listen to the children read on a regular basis. Please let the office know if you can assist. Thank you.
"Phil the Bag" Collection
Thank you to all those of you who have already dropped off bags of items to raise funds for the school through recycling. We are still accepting filled bags so please drop these off at the “Phil the Bag” collection point outside school (at the front near the pear trees). This project will run until the end of November. There are spare bags if you need them.
Wraparound Club - Last Day of Term
Please note that wraparound club will finish early (4.30pm) on Friday 19th December; there will be no tea.
Given how most girls’ shoes are open and the weather is frequently wet, girls are allowed to wear plain black boots (instead of normal girls’ shoes) to school.
Broadway United Juniors Football Club (BUJFC)
BUJFC are looking to attract new players. Your child would receive good quality coaching from qualified coaches (and also have the opportunity to meet new friends). If you are interested or require any further information please contact Jon Freaney on 07900 00 2445.
Bredon Hill Middle School - Christmas Fair
BHMS will be holding their Christmas Fair on Friday 21st November from 6.00-7.30pm.
- The Friends need people to help out at our Christmas Fete manning various stalls. You would need to arrive at school by 5.15pm that day. We also need people to bake cakes. If you are able to help then let either Jo Grant know or the office (either using the attached reply slip or via email to email@example.com). Thanks you!
- Stalls Available
- If you would like your own stall at the fete to sell items then please contact Jo Grant or the office.
- Father Christmas Tickets
- We will be selling tickets for the children to meet Father Christmas at the fete from Monday 17th November (cost £2.50). The ticket will assign a particular time slot for your child to meet Father Christmas. Tickets are limited so this will be first come first served.
- Tombola Prizes
- Thank you to all those of you who kindly brought in a tombola prize today for the Christmas Fete. You can still bring in prizes next week.
- Items Required for Bric-a-Brac and Book Stall
- If you can donate any bric-a-brac items or books that we can sell on a stall at the fete then please bring them in to the office. All donations much appreciated!
- After School Club – Early Finish (5pm)
- Wraparound Club will finish early on the night of the Christmas Fete to allow set up. Parents must have collected their children by 5pm that evening.